5 Ways to know if your food is organic
Chemical fertilisers, insecticides, larvicides, and fungicides, which are sprayed primarily to kill unwanted insects or hazardous growth, inevitably contaminate these ingrown foods, leaving them unsafe for ingestion. Organic food is a better option than conventionally produced food, but most people do not choose it because it is more expensive.
What is the definition of organic food?
Organic food is grown without the use of synthetic chemicals generated by humans, such as pesticides and fertilisers, and it does not include genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
"Why go for organic food?" or "Is organic food more nutritious?" you might wonder.
To begin with, organic food is generated using organic agricultural practices that aid in resource cycling, ecological balance, and biodiversity conservation. So what could be more friendly and simple than simply eating organic fruit to help rescue the planet?
Second, several studies have found that organic versions of the same foods have significantly higher antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus levels than non-organic versions. They have more of these nutrients and contain fewer nitrates and pesticide residues.
The organic food sector is fast growing in popularity as people place a greater emphasis on eating healthier and more environmentally friendly foods.
As the organic food industry increases, fruit and vegetable producers are pressured to offer more, and some are cutting corners. Organic agricultural concepts are challenging to follow when the volumes are big.
When you eat organically grown food, eating healthily is a lot easier.
Fresh and healthy veggies and produce with beautiful colours, excellent shape, and no bugs or insects may occur. But it's all a set-up!
These five consumer tips will assist you in selecting high-quality organic food.
1. Appearance No two objects will ever look the same if they are grown naturally and organically. In nature, it's impossible to discover two things that look exactly the same. The leaves of the same mango tree will never be precisely the same. Similarly, each apple, mango, or even grain will have a distinct appearance. They will never be the same colour, shape, or structure. Your moong dal, for example, will have varying shades of yellow instead of the consistently bleached yellow of store-bought dal. OTPxpress makes sure that there are only fresh fruits and vegetables in their store. You can also order online from the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore.
2. Size- Take a Look Fruits, vegetables, and grains will be minor. So while it's fine to exclaim "ooh aah!" over massive potatoes, tomatoes, cabbages, eggplants, cauliflower, capsicum, and the lowly lauki, or bottle gourd, it's best not to eat them. There are, of course, exceptions where people cultivate large-sized fruits and vegetables organically, but they are rare and difficult to come by.
3. Shorter Shelf Life: Organically produced food should ideally not be treated with preservatives and have a shorter shelf life because organic foods have no preservatives and are produced using natural methods and delivered straight to our homes. Therefore, they have a shorter shelf life than foods processed with artificial pesticides and weedicides. As a result, these foods are short-lived. Explore and order the fresh fruits and vegetables from OTPxpress- the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore.
4. Your Insect Companions The presence of keedas (worms) in your grains is actually a beneficial thing. After two to three months, naturally grown but daals (such as moong sabut or urad sabut), atta, maida, brown rice, white rice, and other grains will develop keedas, especially during rainy days season... because keedas know that non-organic food is simply not edible.
So don't panic if you notice worms; all you have to do is wash the grain or sun them out as our grandparents did, and you'll be fine for another 100 years. Pesticides, not keedas, contaminate your food. Pick up the bunch if you find a few holes in the leaves of the greens you're buying; it implies it hasn't been severely 'pesticided.'
One rule of thumb to follow while washing greens is to give them a final rinse in salt water for two to three minutes after washing them thoroughly—this aids in the removal of bacteria and residue. OTPxpress- the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore makes sure that all their fruits and vegetables are farm fresh and pesticide free.
5. Tasty Natural is simply more delicious. When you prepare organic vegetables, you'll notice that you use fewer seasonings because the natural flavour is so strong. On the other hand, organic fruits are juicier since they are allowed to ripen on the tree. Fruits are frequently picked when they are green and then gassed to mature and extend their shelf life. Your taste buds will protest if you eat a banana since the pesticide fruit has more water owing to acetylene gas spraying.
Unfortunately, the majority of mangoes are now artificially ripened, and apples contain the greatest chemicals. The proverb "one apple a day keeps the doctor away" refers to organic apples only. Order from OTPxpress, the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore and experience the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables like never before.
Organic feel better, is easier on the digestive system, and aids in reducing acidity and gas-related GI disorders. Soon enough, you'll notice a noticeable difference. Order farm fresh fruits and vegetables from OTPxpress- the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore.