7 Reasons Why You Need To Have Onion in Your Salad
Updated: Sep 27, 2021
Vegetables are essential for good health and are required to be fit and disease-free. Eating vegetables has health benefits; persons who consume more vegetables and fruits as part of a balanced diet are less likely to develop fewer chronic diseases.
OTPxpress- the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore, offers the most fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, vegetables supply essential nutrients for body health and upkeep. One such vegetable is the onion, which contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and strong plant chemicals that have been demonstrated to benefit health in various ways. Onions' therapeutic benefits have been known since ancient times, when they were used to treat headaches, heart illness, and mouth sores, among other maladies. Here's why you should consume raw onions regularly.
If you want to beat the summer blues, eat a raw onion every day. Of course, this is something we've all heard of. After all, our moms, nanis, and dadis have made it a point to include onions in our healthy salad plates over the years. But, let's not forget that even the most delectable things aren't nearly as tasty if they aren't accompanied by sliced onion and green chutney.
Apart from tickling our taste sensations, onions serve an essential role in maintaining our health. Onions provide a long list of health benefits.
Onions contain sodium, potassium, folates, vitamins A, C, and E, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, to name a few nutrients. So, the simple onion, in reality, is a superfood.
1.Onions contain flavonoids, which aid to lower bad cholesterol in the body, and thiosulfates, which thin the blood, are known to maintain blood consistency. The risk of heart attack and stroke is reduced as a result. There is your number 1 reason to order onions from the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore.
2. The Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology published a study in 2019 that compared 833 patients with colorectal cancer to 833 people who did not have the condition. The researchers discovered that people who ate allium vegetables like onions regularly had a 79 per cent decreased risk of colorectal cancer. Furthermore, one cup of chopped onions contains at least 13.11 per cent of an adult's daily vitamin C requirement. This vitamin acts as an antioxidant, preventing the development of free radical molecules that have been linked to cancer. Reduce the risk of cancer by using onions from the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore, in your salad
3. Onions are high in antioxidants and are a good source of them. Do you even need another reason at this point? Order the freshest of onions from the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore. They actually include approximately 25 different types of flavonoid antioxidants in them. These antioxidants prevent oxidation, which causes cellular damage and is linked to diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Get the best of the high antioxidant onions. Order them now on the best grocery shopping app in Bangalore- OTPxpress
4. One onion has 25.3 mg of calcium, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Calcium aids in the maintenance of strong bones, thus include onion in your salad may benefit your bone health. In addition, onions are thought to help reduce oxidative stress, increase antioxidant levels, and reduce bone loss, which could help prevent osteoporosis and increase bone density.
5. Onion contains vitamins A, C, and K, which assist in reducing pigmentation and protecting you from dangerous UV radiation. In addition, onions, high in vitamin C, may aid in the formation and maintenance of collagen, giving skin and hair structure. Get that lusiocus long hair that you always dreamed of, order onions from the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore.
6. Onions may aid in blood sugar regulation, which is particularly important for persons with diabetes or prediabetes. In addition, onions contain chemicals that have anti-diabetic properties, such as quercetin and sulphur compounds.
7. Onions are high in fibre and prebiotics, both of which are essential for gut health. The prebiotics inulin and fructooligosaccharides are abundant in onions. These can help you boost your immune function by increasing the number of friendly bacteria in your gut. Furthermore, a prebiotic-rich diet may absorb critical minerals such as calcium, which may benefit bone health.
Only on OTPxpress- the best online grocery shopping app in Bangalore will you find the freshest onions. And for your Onion Salad, whatever ingredient that you may need. Name it and we have it. We are known as the best online grocery shopping app for a reason and the reason is the fresh organic fruits and vegetables that we will deliver to your doorstep.