Vegetables and fruits for a glowing skin!
Updated: Jul 22, 2021
In our life we already have so many problems popping up to disturb our mental peace, that now you start getting acne on your skin. Annoying, isn't it? You glance in the mirror and all you see is a person with ugly and unhealthy skin looking back at you. But why is your skin yelling for help? Well, it's not just pollution and dust but also your eating habits. Sad, but true.
A beautiful and healthy skin shows how healthy you are on the inside. So what is the mantra to get bright and glowing skin? Nothing happens overnight folks, patience and consistency are the keys. Always remember to eat healthy food, exercise daily, follow a daily skincare routine.
Those delicious, red strawberries rich in antioxidants will always come o the top of our list. Acne is the most common problem among teenagers but now say goodbye to those pimples that snatch your confidence away. Just grab some strawberries and you can either eat those or choose to apply them on your face to get clean and pure skin.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acid which is used in creams for acne treatment as it seeps deep into the pores and cleanses them.
How to use Strawberry and extract the benefit out of it?
● Supplement strawberries to your breakfast.
● Add strawberries to your morning muesli along with dry fruits.
● Mix the lustrous strawberries to your salad.
● Crush 2 strawberries and apply them to your skin. Rinse off with cold water after 15 minutes
Lemon is considered to be the best friend of skincare products. From anti-acne creams to anti-aging solutions, this citrus fruit can block a host of skin issues.
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and can help fight against signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, and scarring. Lemon also acts as a natural bleaching agent. and assists in reducing tan from the scorching sun. If you have irregular pigmentation, dark spots, scars from pimples, try applying lemon to get glowing skin.
How to use Lemon and extract the benefit out of it?
● Squeeze some lemon juice into your salad.
● To get rid of oily skin, pigmentation, or acne scars, mix lemon juice with a tablespoon of rose water and pat it on your skin. Wash off after 10 minutes.
● Rub lemon and sugar on the keratinized areas to lighten the skin tone and reduce keratinization.
The fresh, juicy, and pulpy orange has a vibrating color and refreshing smell. This fruit can also be a miracle for your skin.
That peel of the orange which we discard away actually contains more vitamin C than the fruit itself. The peel contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties so using it daily in DIY face packs will give you crystal clear skin in no time. Furthermore, oranges can help prevent oxidative damage, photodamage, DNA damage, reduce inflammation, and boost collagen synthesis.
How to use Orange and extract the benefit out of it?
● Eat an orange daily.
● Sip freshly squeezed orange juice with the pulp.
● Add orange juice to your smoothie.
● To get rid of oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, and ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Apply as a pack.
● For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of milk, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 teaspoon of honey and apply on your skin.
Filled with approximately 92% of water, the fruit itself is so fulfilling. Watermelon is rich in fibers. and water of course which means hydrated, soft, and supple skin. This fruit of refreshment, quite literally, contains Vitamin C, A, B1, B6, and Lycopene that are essential in enhancing overall skin wellness and texture.
How to use Watermelon and extract the benefit out of it?
● Eat a bowl of watermelon as an afternoon bite.
● Drink fresh watermelon juice in the morning or evening.
● Make a fruit salad with watermelon.
● Crush a watermelon and apply it to your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
● For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Rinse with cold water after the mask dries.
Mango, the king of all fruits lives up to the name given to it. They are also rich in sugar and dietary fiber, which helps fight constipation. Mangoes are already used in the cosmetic industry to create hair and skin butter that have shown wound healing properties.
How to use Mango and extract the benefit out of it?
● Add mango to your smoothie, breakfast bowl, or fruit salad.
● Mash a small piece of mango and apply it all over your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
● For oily skin, mix mango, rose water, and lime juice and apply it to your skin. Wash with cold water after 10 minutes.
● To get rid of dry skin, apply a mask of pulpy mango, 1 teaspoon of yogurt, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Wash with cool water after 10 minutes.
Pumpkins are loaded with - antioxidants, vitamins (A and C), and minerals. They are also rich in zinc which is essential in the making of new skin cells, and also helps regulate oil production, refine skin tone and decrease the appearance of open pores. What are you waiting for? Go eat a handful of pumpkin seeds to lighten your complexion and get the radiance you've always fancied. You can also apply a DIY face mask of 3 teaspoons pumpkin, ½ teaspoon honey, and ½ teaspoon milk for 15-20 minutes.
Potato acts as a natural bleaching agent and can be used for skin lightening. Grate potatoes and apply its face mask on your face for around 30 minutes. Potato also helps get rid of dead skin cells, sunburns, dark spots, blemishes, and dark circles. You can just squeeze the juice of a potato in a bowl and use it on your face or apply thin slices of potato directly.
Carrots are known for making your skin glow due to a huge amount of beta carotene that helps prevent the degeneration of cells, slows aging, and makes your skin glow. The vitamin A found in carrot juice also helps keep body tissue, eyes, bones, and teeth healthy. Carrots also have a large amount of vitamin C, which boosts collagen growth, reduces acne and dark spots. Boost your beauty by drinking a glass of carrot juice or add it to your salads.
Buy groceries Online
Finding the cheapest groceries is not a difficult task anymore, as people have shifted to buy groceries online. It provides them with the best deals, discounts, and offers compared to grocery stores near. There are various ways to buy from online grocery stores which provide your goods with the best quality at lower prices. If looking for the most affordable groceriesthe leading online grocery stores are the perfect choice to go for.